GE Dishwasher

All,
I've just replaced the pump/motor in my GE GSD3000w16 dishwasher. The cycle starts, the water fills, the motor runs, and the drain cycle begins normally. All the water is pumped out of the tub. I can see a solid continuous healthy stream of water draining out by looking into the sink drain.
The problem is that the BLOCKED DRAIN light comes on after about 5 minutes (no matter what cycle I'm using). It appears that the dishwasher continues to pump, even when the water is all gone and it thinks it is blocks....then turns on the the light.
By powering off and restarting I can clear the light and start the whole sequence over again but after 5 minutes the light comes on again.
Any ideas as to what the problem is?
Thank you,
Steve
check for a stuck water level switch. thats how it knows it didnt drain.
the unit shuts off to prevent a flood
Thank you for the quick response! Do you mean the 'float switch' that indicates that the unit has overfilled?