GE cooktop no spark - spark module or something else?

Hi, I have a GE gas cooktop model number JGP636WEV7WW that has not been sparking for quite a while. Everything is dry and nothing has boiled over on a long time.
http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp?RccPartID $4989
is the spark module and the model number for the Kool Lite Harper Wyman thing is an exact match.
I can hear it doing the 'tick-tick-tick' thing when the knob is in the correct position. I've removed the wires to all the burners and I can get a short 1/8" arc between one of the wires and the metal of the cooktop.
It sure seems to me that it's the spark module, but before ordering a $54.70 part, I figured I'd see if anybody else had any other ideas.
How long is the arc on a good one?
Thanks!
autonut843 wrote:

It would seem that if you are heating the click click that the spark module is functioning. It is the spark that makes the noise. Maybe I am wrong. Have you looked at the point the spark should be made and see if there is a spark?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Before I opened things up I could hear the spark but it was not visible on any of the spark gaps at any of the burners (5). After I took the cover off, all the wires were just in free air, not able to arc to anything and you could still hear the click click. I then took the wire ends and brought them close to the metal frame and some did not seem to draw an arc and some seemed to draw a very small arc. Before I put the stovetop back together I just removed the last two wires so I could keep the module with me. Perhaps I'll experiment with it and see how it does with new wires on my benchtop.

I have a Maytag and it was clicking but not lighting all the burners. Two would light, two would not. Replaced the spark module and they all work now. The new module cost $28.00 or so.
Al