GE clothes washer broke kinda

The knob that sets the timer broke it will no longer set the cycle or time:( I can turn the dial by pushing on the little arrow that shows what its doing but thats tough on the fingers. The knob pulls out ok turning the machine on so I can still use it.
Anyone know if the knob is replaceable? how do I get it off?
so far I havent been able to find the machines serial number plate, perhaps its fallen off? the machine must be about 12 years old.
Go to MyMarcone.com... you can order parts there...and search for a part by looking at pictures if you know the model number... you will most likely find the model number plate under the base of the washer lid... if you find the model number, parts are easy to come by...
Good luck
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Hi,

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.