Gazing compound softened by primer

I just recently replaced several window panes (neighbor kid busy with a BB gun)
I used the DAP 33 glazing compound. I let the compound dry for several weeks with the window sashes stored in the garage in SoCal.
Today I finally got around to priming & painting. The compound was still very slightly soft to the touch.
I was too lazy to go buy some "regular" oil based primer so I used some Zinsser High Hide Interior/Exterior "oil base primer" that I had left over from some work a few weeks ago.
I primed at about 2:30 today & at 7 pm the primer on the glazing compound is still tacky to the touch and the compound feels a little softer than before priming. The air temp was about 70 deg
Am I being too impatient? Did the Zinsser soften the compund? The Zinsser that I put on wood at the same time is more or less dry but the primer on the glazing compound is not.
Comments? Suggestions?
I setup a fan to blow across the sashes hopefully it will be drier in the AM.
thanks Bob
Wait a day
Bob K 207 wrote:

Glazing putty is linseed oil and something (usually whiting). Oil paint is linseed oil and other stuff.
For paint to dry, the linseed oil has to set up (polymerize?). The linseed oil in the putty is slowing it down a bit. As Ransley said, "wait".
dadiOH's dandies v3.05... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico