Gazebo Top water buildup

Some of you may remember my asking for suggestions to eliminate water buildup/sagging on the top of our new gazebo. I said I would provide my solution and here it is.
Considering all options, I decided to go with something quick and easier, once I thought of it.
The top was loose and allowed water to pool on all sides. The reason was due to a loose top (obvious). I was thinking of ways to tighten it and after sitting under it for a few minutes, it dawned on me to try and draw the corners in to tighten the entire top.
There is a partial opening at the top, which you'll see in the photos (link coming) and another small square top covering that opening, I imagine for airflow and aesthetics. Therefore, I thought about drawing in the four corners in the small opening section, which would then pull the four corners at the base. I used those tarp clips and bungee cords to pull each corner diagonally and thus far, after a few rainfalls, there hasn't been any water pooling.
You can see what I mean from these photos. http://www.flickr.com/photos/18223943@N06/9488823179/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/18223943@N06/9488823181/in/photostream/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/18223943@N06/9491617578/in/photostream/
It's not the smoothest appearance, but it does the trick.
"Meanie" wrote in message
It's not the smoothest appearance, but it does the trick.
If at first it does not work, try, try again. Good idea, nice idea. WW
Meanie wrote:

Hi, I got tired of that and now both of my gazebos are hard metal top. No problem with rain or snow.
I know this is an old post, but do you have the pics you could put up again.
On Sunday, August 11, 2013 at 8:08:55 PM UTC-5, SBH wrote:

On Sunday, August 11, 2013 at 9:08:55 PM UTC-4, SBH wrote:

no links for the pictures
I used pool noodles wedged between the frame and canvas, just bend 'em in half, stops the rain pooling