Gate Valve Orientation

Use ball valves.
OK, now that that's out of the way...
I Googled about installing them upside down like in a basement. Saw pros & cons. Mostly about it promotes sediment collection messing up the operation. The ones I'm using are 1/2" & 3/4", one hot and one cold. There are no flow direction arrows on them.
What's the feel from you folks on upside down installation from actual experience?
Red...
Add pictures here
βœ–
You can mount gate valve in any direction you of your choosing
However up side down if you water carry sediment in few years you may
Get some problem opening and closing other then that I do not see any problems.

Add pictures here
βœ–

Yoda?
Add pictures here
βœ–

Microsoft. I bet he hit Enter after "you may", and helpful grammar- checking software capitalized "Get", because it is the first word of a paragraph.
Yes, there are some other spelling and punctuation issues, but it's the "Get" that really makes it confusing. Most of the other stuff looks like lazy typing, or mind working faster than fingers, or something of that sort.
Cindy Hamilton
Add pictures here
βœ–

To my experience the direction doesn’t matter. Only about five percent of them close right after several years no matter how you install the damn things. I hate gate valves.
Add pictures here
βœ–

You'll be sorry!
Count on it.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Red Green wrote:

It's really none of my business the orientation of a gate valve, but I am against same-sex gate valve marriage.
Jon
Add pictures here
βœ–

Damn it, Red, listen to your own advice. Grow a set of ball valves and use them! You will thank me later.
Gordon Shumway
When you subsidize poverty and failure, you get more of both.
Add pictures here
βœ–