GASOLINE & THERMODYNAMICS

Can anyone give me a linear relationship between these two?

Yes, please use your gasoline powered automobile to move on down the line. LOL!
--
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.

"It is my erudite opinion that a man
greghall@yacht_master.fake says...

That wouldn't be linear on a consumption vs distance graph.
--
Checkmate, AUK DoW #1
Official AUK Award Giver-Outer

Wrong! A thing that moves along a line is said to be linear.
--
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.

"It is my erudite opinion that a man
greghall@yacht_master.fake says...

Don't attempt to argue with a natural-born genius, Poofter. First of all, you failed to specify that the line was a "straight" one. Secondly, traveling by automobile can never be achieved in a perfectly straight line without allowing a certain amount of real-world deviation along the X and Z axis. Finally, as I said, fuel consumption vs distance traveled is non-linear, due to the operating efficiency of the automobile being different during acceleration, maintaining a given speed, and deceleration at the end of the distance to be traveled. Furthermore, STFU!
--
Checkmate, AUK DoW #1
Official AUK Award Giver-Outer

FYI, a circle can be said to be linear because a circle is made up of a line that describes 360 degrees. If a car races around a circular track it's motion is still linear. Linear means, "involving measurement in one dimension only; pertaining to length: linear measure.
A circle is a line with a length of 2 X Pi X R.
This means your straight line argument is entirely bogus.
--
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.

"It is my erudite opinion that a man

You cannot describe a circle in one dimension, it requires two. How can a person of such professed erudition make such a basic mistake? I'm beginning to doubt your credentials, Sir.
--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PTB < snipped-for-privacy@notforspam.fsnet.co.uk> (valid email)

My pet rock Gordon just is.