Gasoline Shelf Life

Page 2 of 2
Per RBM:

Has anybody experienced gas gelling or otherwise going bad within a year?
I've routinely stored gas for over a year with no problems. My expectation of Stabil was that it would claim to prevent problems for some much longer period that 2 years .... like five or 7 years....
Now that I've shot off my mouth, my gas will probably go bad overnite.... but there it is...
--
Pete Cresswell

Every bottle of Sta-Bil I've ever bought says that it will keep fuel fresh for 12 months. I've never seen a claim for anything longer than that.
It may actually work for a lot longer than 12 months, but that's the limit of their claim.
I'm speaking of the red version, not the blue-green, orange or brown. I don't know what they claim about those versions.