Gasoline Shelf Life

Funny thing, after running into several of these EPA cans, and neither I

nor my customers being able to get one to work properly, consistently, I

figured I must be doing something wrong and stopped in to a local HD to get some guidance. I'm standing there in the lawn equipment section with

spout in hand, fighting with it, when a guy in orange apron walks around

the corner and begins to laugh and loudly say "They don't work". He proceeds to tell me that at this point all they do is assure the customer that it is the EPA and has nothing to do with HD, then shows them where they keep the funnels.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Every bottle of Sta-Bil I've ever bought says that it will keep fuel fresh for 12 months. I've never seen a claim for anything longer than that.

It may actually work for a lot longer than 12 months, but that's the limit of their claim.

I'm speaking of the red version, not the blue-green, orange or brown. I don't know what they claim about those versions.

Reply to
DerbyDad03