Gasoline prices? OT

Page 1 of 2
Just curious what gasoline prices are around the country. In SE Iowa the price for the most common grade (ethanol, 10% I think) is currently $2.609.
In belched:

2.49 yesterday in NTX

$2.80 thru $3.25 throughout most of central CT for Reg.
Per IGot2P:

GasBuddy.com
Also there's a "GasBuddy" Android app.. Dunno about iPod....
If you log into the Android app and then click the map icon you can zoom it out to the whole USA.
--
Pete Cresswell

On Friday, November 28, 2014 9:25:19 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

I have GasGuru on my Android. Same idea. Works really well here in NJ, haven't seen it wrong yet. I can easily spot the lowest price fuel in the area.
Right now:
reg $2.499 prem $2.759 diesel $3.089
IGot2P wrote:

$2.57 in East TN. Diesel is $3.09. Kerosene is still $4.99.

People need to understand that the US government and the Saudis are trying to lower the price of oil to weaken the Russian economy as well as reduce the income of ISIS.
Russia is a poor country and is heavily dependant on it's export of both natural gas and crude oil to maintain the pathetic standard of living of it's population. The drop in oil prices from near $100 a few weeks ago to under $66 today will hit the Russian economy very hard. The objective here is to force Russian troops and military advisers out of Ukraine.
Also ISIS receives most of it's income from the oil wells and refineries it has captured in Iraq, and lowering the price of oil reduces ISIS's ability to continue paying it's soldiers.
OPEC voted to maintain their current production of oil yesterday because it is in Saudi Arabia's interest to choke off the money supply to ISIS, and America wants to choke off the money flow to Russia to convince them that their interference in the fledgling Ukraine democracy won't go unpunished.
What we have here is the West (the USA, Britain and the EU) applying pressure on Russia to get out of Ukraine and attempting to starve ISIS of it's ability to buy weapons and fighters to use them.
--
nestork

On 11/28/2014 10:50 PM, nestork wrote:

production. Probably bit from column A, bit from column B.
--
Froz...

On 11/29/2014 12:05 AM, FrozenNorth wrote:

Column C is the Republicans elected. Might be able to approve the pipe line that O has vetoed. That might supply the TX refineries with Canadian oil.
So we can give money to our enemies in Canada, instead of our friends in Iran.
On Saturday, November 29, 2014 6:13:05 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Have you seen the latest disintegration among the Democrats? Chucky Schummer is out with his list of all the mistakes Obama made since day one and how it's screwed the Dems and the country. Number one on that list is that they should have focused on the economy and jobs instead of Obamacare. Duh! But of course what was Chucky saying back then? He was 100% on board. It's likely a move targeted a separating the Democrats from Obama to help Hillary. Some of the other things on his list were handling of ISIS and Ebola.
And then we have the WH saying they will veto a deal that Reid is working on with the Republicans on business tax. So, even Reid is now at odds with Obama. And here you have an example of Democrats and Republicans trying to compromise to get things done and yet, before they even have anything done, Obama is pissing all over it. Mind you, as usual, he didn't say, it would be OK if you did X, better if you did Y, come over here, let's discuss it. Instead, it's the usual. In the words of Eric Carman, "Screw you guys, I'm going home...."
On 11/29/2014 7:01 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Every few minutes, I get disgusted with the bickering and agendas, and have to tune it all out. this is one such moment.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Friday, November 28, 2014 11:17:12 PM UTC-5, nestork wrote:

Interesting idea. Obama cares more about weakening the Russian economy than he does about strengthing the US economy? He kept oil prices high when the US was on the brink of economic disaster, yet now he's lowering it, getting the Saudi's to help, to screw Russia? Sounds pretty loony to me, especially since Obama has been a pussy with Putin. At the same time, he's refusing to send arms to Ukrane?

And the Saudis are willing to see billions go down the drain, because they feel for the Ukranians?
Also ISIS receives most of it's income from the oil wells and refineries

Yeah, that will be a big factor in stopping ISIS. From news accounts, I thought those oil wells and refineries had been bombed and are out of operation by now. If we have to manipulate world oil prices instead of bomb a few obvious oil wells and refineries, that a single JDAM could turn into an inferno, we must really be in big trouble.

Sure. Makes sense. The Saudis take in $700 mil a day in oil revenue. ISIS was about $5mil, probably close to zero now that the wells and refineries have been bombed to rubble. So, Saudi's are going to plunge the price of oil to teach ISIS a lesson. Good grief, where do you come up with this stuff?

If we wanted to really do that, here's what we'd be doing:
More tough, real economic sanctions, Europe telling Russia that if they don't leave the Ukrane in 30 days, Europe will begin the process of eliminating Russia as a supplier of nat gas.
Start sending arms to Ukraine
Start sending massive military aid to Poland, Czech Republic, etc.
Re-engage with Poland and start building the missle defense system that had Putin's shorts in a knot.
Stop kissing Putin's ass and instead start telling the world that he's a thugh and he and his mafia buddies have looted the wealth of Russia.
BTW, the real reason oil prices are down is that demand is slowing in Europe and Asia because their economies are slowing. And US production is continuing to increase. In fact, there are reports that it's that latter part that has Saudi Arabia refusing to yield market share, refusing to lower output, hoping to discourage further US production, and thereby pissing off the rest of OPEC. We've seen OPEC in disarray at times like this before. It didn't take some plot against ISIS or Russia for it to happen. And if that is Obama's plan, it's a mighty dumb one, because drastically dropping the price of oil will have a devastating result on much of the new high cost US production.
On 11/28/2014 10:50 PM, nestork wrote:

on oil revenues. Folks like Russians like to push that it suppresses US output but those you and I mentioned are feeling much more hurt. Saudi princes are sitting on about $3/4 trillion and willing to sacrifice profit to deter Russia, Assad, ISIS and Iran to help keep the peace there.
On Saturday, November 29, 2014 2:26:06 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:

When has Saudi Arabia given a rat's ass about Russia and what they were up to before? As for Iran, Iran has creating trouble since 1979. Kind of odd that all of a sudden Saudi Arabia is going to tank the price of world oil to screw Iran and screw themselves more in the process. As for Assad and what's going on there, the price of oil hardly matters. Oil is a very crude, imprecise weapon to deal with any of those issues. And if SA is so worried about terrorism, it would seem it would be a lot easier to stop those in it's own country from preaching similar extremist Islam and funding it.
On 11/29/2014 3:10 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Russia is helping Assad so damaging their economy would cut funding him.

At least from the Saudi's standpoint, they also want to keep prices low enough, long enough to shut down the oil shale fields in the US. THAT is their main competition.
but what they conceal is vital.?
On 11/28/2014 7:54 PM, IGot2P wrote:

Used to be a web site " www.gasbuddy.com " might be it, people would post fuel prices.
PRNY, I've seen as low as 3.04 and 3.01, some stores running about 3.25 for 87 with ethanol.
'FrozenNorth[_4_ Wrote: > ;3314393']

And, it would seem to me, to wreck the economics of building the XL pipeline from Alberta to Texas.
Domestic shale oil and shale gas production in the USA, increasing production of tar sand oil in Canada, the XL pipeline to move Canadian tar sand oil to Texas, Russian and ISIS dependance on oil sales and production from new oil fields discovered off the coast of Brazil are all undoubtedly factors that influenced OPEC's decision to maintain oil production at current levels.
OPEC realizes that the more it can lower the price of oil, the more it can put the brakes on development of new oil supplies around the world.
--
nestork

www.gasbuddy.com