Gasoline prices? OT (2023 Update)

Just curious what gasoline prices are around the country. In SE Iowa the price for the most common grade (ethanol, 10% I think) is currently $2.609.

Reply to
IGot2P

In news:97d0e$54791908$470756c0$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET, IGot2P belched:

2.49 yesterday in NTX
Reply to
ChairMan

$2.80 thru $3.25 throughout most of central CT for Reg.

Reply to
bobmct

Per IGot2P:

GasBuddy.com

Also there's a "GasBuddy" Android app.. Dunno about iPod....

If you log into the Android app and then click the map icon you can zoom it out to the whole USA.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

$2.57 in East TN. Diesel is $3.09. Kerosene is still $4.99.

Reply to
83LowRider

#1.12 per liter canadian here in Waterloo Ontario ($0.89 dollars)

Reply to
clare

People need to understand that the US government and the Saudis are trying to lower the price of oil to weaken the Russian economy as well as reduce the income of ISIS.

Russia is a poor country and is heavily dependant on it's export of both natural gas and crude oil to maintain the pathetic standard of living of it's population. The drop in oil prices from near $100 a few weeks ago to under $66 today will hit the Russian economy very hard. The objective here is to force Russian troops and military advisers out of Ukraine.

Also ISIS receives most of it's income from the oil wells and refineries it has captured in Iraq, and lowering the price of oil reduces ISIS's ability to continue paying it's soldiers.

OPEC voted to maintain their current production of oil yesterday because it is in Saudi Arabia's interest to choke off the money supply to ISIS, and America wants to choke off the money flow to Russia to convince them that their interference in the fledgling Ukraine democracy won't go unpunished.

What we have here is the West (the USA, Britain and the EU) applying pressure on Russia to get out of Ukraine and attempting to starve ISIS of it's ability to buy weapons and fighters to use them.

Reply to
nestork

There are also reports that OPEC is trying to shut down US shale gas production. Probably bit from column A, bit from column B.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

At least from the Saudi's standpoint, they also want to keep prices low enough, long enough to shut down the oil shale fields in the US. THAT is their main competition.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

I have GasGuru on my Android. Same idea. Works really well here in NJ, haven't seen it wrong yet. I can easily spot the lowest price fuel in the area.

Right now:

reg $2.499 prem $2.759 diesel $3.089

Reply to
trader_4

Used to be a web site "

" might be it, people would post fuel prices.

PRNY, I've seen as low as 3.04 and 3.01, some stores running about 3.25 for 87 with ethanol.

- . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Column C is the Republicans elected. Might be able to approve the pipe line that O has vetoed. That might supply the TX refineries with Canadian oil.

So we can give money to our enemies in Canada, instead of our friends in Iran.

- . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Have you seen the latest disintegration among the Democrats? Chucky Schummer is out with his list of all the mistakes Obama made since day one and how it's screwed the Dems and the country. Number one on that list is that they should have focused on the economy and jobs instead of Obamacare. Duh! But of course what was Chucky saying back then? He was 100% on board. It's likely a move targeted a separating the Democrats from Obama to help Hillary. Some of the other things on his list were handling of ISIS and Ebola.

And then we have the WH saying they will veto a deal that Reid is working on with the Republicans on business tax. So, even Reid is now at odds with Obama. And here you have an example of Democrats and Republicans trying to compromise to get things done and yet, before they even have anything done, Obama is pissing all over it. Mind you, as usual, he didn't say, it would be OK if you did X, better if you did Y, come over here, let's discuss it. Instead, it's the usual. In the words of Eric Carman, "Screw you guys, I'm going home...."

Reply to
trader_4

Every few minutes, I get disgusted with the bickering and agendas, and have to tune it all out. this is one such moment.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And, it would seem to me, to wreck the economics of building the XL pipeline from Alberta to Texas.

Domestic shale oil and shale gas production in the USA, increasing production of tar sand oil in Canada, the XL pipeline to move Canadian tar sand oil to Texas, Russian and ISIS dependance on oil sales and production from new oil fields discovered off the coast of Brazil are all undoubtedly factors that influenced OPEC's decision to maintain oil production at current levels.

OPEC realizes that the more it can lower the price of oil, the more it can put the brakes on development of new oil supplies around the world.

Reply to
nestork

Spiegel on line also mentioned that it hurts Iran which depends heavily on oil revenues. Folks like Russians like to push that it suppresses US output but those you and I mentioned are feeling much more hurt. Saudi princes are sitting on about $3/4 trillion and willing to sacrifice profit to deter Russia, Assad, ISIS and Iran to help keep the peace there.

Reply to
Frank

When has Saudi Arabia given a rat's ass about Russia and what they were up to before? As for Iran, Iran has creating trouble since 1979. Kind of odd that all of a sudden Saudi Arabia is going to tank the price of world oil to screw Iran and screw themselves more in the process. As for Assad and what's going on there, the price of oil hardly matters. Oil is a very crude, imprecise weapon to deal with any of those issues. And if SA is so worried about terrorism, it would seem it would be a lot easier to stop those in it's own country from preaching similar extremist Islam and funding it.

Reply to
trader_4

NotMe

Suadis also learned their lesson the last time prices tanked. They cut production to try and keep price up and lost market share to those who didn't and ended up losing twice (once on lower prices and once on lower market share). It took 'em awhile to get their share back and they don't want to make that mistake again.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

I used to use the MSN for local gas prices on the PC. A great site, however, they've not eliminated it. I've used Gas Buddy on the Android phone, but don't really like the way it works. But, Gas Buddy on the PC that something that's almost as good as the MSN thing at:

You can zoom in really close and it give individual station prices. You can also put in your zip code and get stations really close to home ... save the link and you can always easily return. Yesterday, I took my son the the Greenville-Spartanville airport and saw gas as low as 2.45 in SC.

Reply to
Art Todesco