Gasoline prices! $24 to fill up my lawn mower.

What a shock to pay $24 to fill up my lawn mower.

You must have a pretty small mower

Duff2 wrote:

$24 @ $4.00/gal = 6 gallons. What lawnmower has a 6 gallon tank? My JD rider holds ~1.5-2 gallons. I do find myself planning my lawn cutting route to save gas.... Maybe I should coast downhill in neutral and over-inflate my tires too.... like the 'hypermilers' are doing in their cars.
Kevin
Duff2 wrote:

Costs me $20 to fill a five gallon can. My lawn tractor takes a whole gallon for 2 lawn mowings. I have an acre lot.
--
Claude Hopper ? 3 :) 7/8

I only have half an acre, but a gallon is good for maybe 25 mowings. You must be doing something wrong.

Not necessarily. If there are a lot of trees to go around that will take time. Also if the land is sloped, you have to go slower.
he was bs'ing you. There's not a machine on earth that will mow a half acre on 5 ounces of gasoline.

A goat? But that produces five ounces of gas, it doesn't consume it.

I know some kids who would mow a half acre for 5 ozs.

I hear that. better make 'em mow first....

so you're mowing a half acre on 5 ounces of gas. ?? Bullshit.

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 13:59:36 -0500, "S. Barker"

How much of the half acre is house, driveway, flower bed, patio and sidewalk? He might only have a thousand square feet of grass
try almost $50 for mine.

What Bull shit, a troll.