Gasoline powered pressure washer

I plan to purchase a gasoline powered pressure washer in the near future. The usage would be semi-commercial( I have 3 duplexes and a home that I take care of). I prefer to buy the best quality I can obtain within the parameters of what I intend to do with the tool. I would appreciate your suggestions concerning brand/model/where to purchase for best price/etc. Thank you in advance,

Bob Rinker

Reply to
Bob

The only warning I can give you is the Consumer Reports noted that Honda engines are not all the same. Honda makes cheaper grade engines for other manufacturers so don't get fooled into thinking a power washer is super deluxe just because it has a Honda engine.

Basically you want one capable of using bleach so it has to have downstream soap injection and not an aluminum pump.

Reply to
Art

I would like to know what material pump manufacturers use other than aluminum! Aluminum is used pretty much by ALL pressure washer pump manufacturers. I sold and serviced industrial pressure washers and car wash equipment for a few years, and all pumps were aluminum. You will see some aluminum pumps with ceramic pistons, and cylinders, some bronze, and some stainless, but the main pump body is good old aluminum. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

No huge expereience level here, but the instructions on mine simply say to rinse it out well if any corrosives like bleach muratic etc., are used and to never let it set long enough to dry anything, meaning rinse pump very well and immedaiately after use. Taking a break? Rinse it. Etc.

I think you'd pay industrial prices unless some have started to use hard plastics.

Pop

Reply to
Pop

No specific brand recommendation here, but a few points from someone in a similar situation.

Specifically how will you use it. Paint stripping, general cleaning, etc.? What you want it to do and fast you want to do it will determine the PSI rating and that for the most part determines price.

How will you transport it? How will you load and unload it?

For me, doing it by myself that meant a slighter smaller unit than I could afford and a little less PSI. Works fine it just does a slightly smaller area at a time. Mine is only a 3.5 HP B&S classic engine with a 1500 PSI pump. The replacement wand that I bought seem to deliver a slightly better PSI that the cheap one that came with the unit.

Based on my experiences with ownership and rental units I would say that

1500-2000 is fine for general cleaning and occasional paint stripping. I would like a 2500-3000 one but that transportation thing is the problem.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

honda red engine with cat pump. ive seen some of them at home depot. lucas

Reply to
ds549