gaslogs - valve/control knob

I have a very simple/cheap set of gaslogs. To light the pilot light I turn the control knob to pilot, push the knob in and press the 'sparker.' Hold the control knob for 15 seconds, and then can turn the control knob to turn on/regulate the flame.
The set of logs is only a year old. All of a sudden I can light the pilot, but the control knob won't turn. It is absolutely locked.
I suspect it is some kind of safety catch that is malfunctioning.
Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in message

I don't have an answer for you, but maybe you have an answer for me. Do they sell the control knobs or square ended keys for them somewhere, and are the square ended keys universal?
Cheri
"Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote in message

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId407-000085334-CHO047&lpage=none
--
Jim

All true wisdom is found on T-shirts.
jthread wrote in message ...

TY so much, yes that's what I mean. I searched all over Lowe's in my town, and couldn't find it, so I see that it's not available at that store only, but is available in other Lowe's. The one I have has a long handle on it, and sticks too far out of the wall.
Cheri
jthread wrote in message ...

TY so much, yes that's what I mean. I searched all over Lowe's in my town, and couldn't find it, so I see that it's not available at that store only, but is available in other Lowe's. The one I have has a long handle on it, and sticks too far out of the wall.
Cheri
On Nov 20, 3:02 pm, "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

Those square keys control Dante valves (safety shutoffs) and the keys are available at any gas fireplace or even gas barbecue specialty shops.
--Jeff