Gasket for Oven door

I have a 25 yr old Hardwick propane gas stove. Works well but the gasket for this oven door is shot. I can't find a replacement for it. It is a rubberish looking gray strip that attaches to the cabinet and the oven door shuts up against it. It looks similar to weather stripping. Several stores can't find a replacement and none can offer me a universal type thing that I could cut to fit, etc.

Anyone able to advise on whether there is stripping available that I could buy and fashion my own? I've searched the web quite thoroughly and can't find anything like this, even in a universal type thing. Obviously, heat tolerance and non-flammability are key considerations.

Thanks.

Chet

Reply to
CGB

Try a woodstove shop. They will have lots of hi-temp gaskets, and something should fit. They will be rope-type and not rubberish, but should work fine if you can find a good size.

Keith

Hi,

There are stretch universal gaskets available that may help....

?R=153&N=699252
?R=153&N=325455
?R=153&N=699260
?R=153&N=356538
?R=153&N=699259
?R=153&N=129016 Drill 1/8" hole in each corner of the oven frame or range door. Measure the hole to hole dimensions and choose appropriate gasket length from the available selection. The replacement gasket stretches between and mounts into the holes created, using the gasket retaining clips factory installed onto each end of the gasket.

These are good for non-self cleaning ranges.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

try this...

I have a 25 yr old Hardwick propane gas stove. Works well but the gasket

Reply to
Phisherman