Gas weed eater

I got a Homelite Zipstart trimmer. Won't run. Has spark. Went through the carb, and all ports and jets seem okay. Going to disassemble again. The carb gaskets look good, but should I just go get a new set? What's the most common reason these things stop running? I'm guessing carb.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I don't have this brand but as a guess....spark plug clean? Fuel filter clean? Muffler clean?

Reply to
Doug

I guessing "made by Homelite"

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

carb, and all ports and jets seem okay. Going to disassemble again. The ca= rb gaskets look good, but should I just go get a new set? What's the most c= ommon reason these things stop running? I'm guessing carb. Steve

Put a little gas/oil mix in a spray bottle. Take off the air filter and sp= ray some in the carb. Pull the cord. If it fires up for a few seconds the= n it's not getting gas.

Reply to
jamesgang

most accurate answer.

Steve Barker