gas water heater passive vent damper

I read about a passive vent damper on homeenergy.org for a gas water heater that is essentially a very light plate that rises to open the flue when the heater fires up and settles down to close the flue when the heater stops. Its non-electric, completely mechanical. Its supposed to cut standby losses quite a bit. I've been unable to find one for sale. Anyone every see this? Know where it could be purchased? ref: http://www.homeenergy.org/archive/hem.dis.anl.gov/eehem/97/970714.html Thanks Eric