gas water heater brands

Need to replace two 40 gal. natural gas water heaters. Are there any brands that standout or need to be avoided? TIA, F

Reply to
Fireant

I wish you got some good feedback on your question, I was looking for same info. I have a Bradford White installed by my builder, its too small and I need to upgrade. I am thinking of going to an on-demand tankless system, govt is offering a $300 tax credit for installing these engergy saving devices. When you are looking for 75gal type HW heaters then this seems to be cost effective. Replacing a 40 gal you have a much higher initial cost for the tankless and a longer payback. If you are needing TWO 40 gals to service your home then you may be in the same boat as me. There are tankless heater that will keep up with your demand. They will cost ~$800-$1500 as far as I can tell, I am still doing research. I am looking at Takagi, Remi, Bosch and others.

Reply to
No

A.O. Smith has a good rep. I just got one and hope it lives up to that rep.

Reply to
NickySantoro