Gas wall oven

Cleaning lady may have hit something cause it will not ignite. I re-lite the pilot but it still does not ignite (supposed to go on after about 30 seconds) And there is a fairly strong gas odor. Anything I can do or just call gas company (who may want to charge to fix it)?

TIA

LB

Reply to
LB

Hi,

Make, model#, approx age?

Pilot getting bigger when you set the oven temp? Pilot flame surrounding the thermocouple?

Might be best to shut off the gas then until this is corrected.

Nobody works for nothing! ;)

Something here may help...

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Thank You! I was hoping you would reply.

The oven is a Caloric Ultra-Ray from 1969 or so.

The link has given me enough info to look around a little.

Again, Thanks!

LB

Reply to
LB

Well I found the thermocouple and it was out of position. A little fiddling and now the oven lites quicker than it ever did!

THANK YOU!

LB

Reply to
LB

Good Morning.

Infinitely preferable to pay a small fee to fix the oven, if necessary, than to blow yourself up.

If you sense a "strong gas odor" you have a potentially explosive situation, and should passively ventilate the area (open doors/windows- no fans) as possible, and evacuate the house. DO NOT even think about touching any electrical switches. Seriously. Give it some time to dissipate before reentering, or contact your Fire Dept. for help.

That way, we won't be reading about you in the papers.

I do hope you're reading this at the library or internet cafe.

HTH, John

snipped-for-privacy@notm> Cleaning lady may have hit something cause it will not ignite.

Reply to
barry

Reply to
nospambob

Glad we could help! :)

Thankx for the update!! That should help others as well :)

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

You should have read the rest of the thread, esp the part marked SOLVED:-))

LB

Reply to
LB