Gas vs. Electric Dryer

Page 4 of 5
On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 01:41:25 GMT, in misc.consumers.house Jeff Cochran

You can figure an average of at least 300 pounds per American.
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:23:52 -0800, someone wrote:

The "typical" amount long used by the FAA was 170 lbs. However, there have been crashes of the 19 seat commuter planes where the actual weight of the passengers was an issue. I fly small planes and have known of pilots who put a few big guys in the back seats of a small pane, and had the plane tip back and the tail hit the ground.
At the governmant weights there were nearly 12,000 lbs of people on that porch.

An airplane that is tailheavy can become unstable in flight, which could be more of an issue.
Bob

Were they actually trying to get ready to fly?
Don't guess the pilots attempted to figure weight and balance on the aircraft then, huh?
OK, got it. I misread as "Porsches are unsafe."

Oh, Porches!
Well, thats different, very different!
Nevermind.

Mersaydees are unsafe too ......

Who the hell let Joel back in?

Who let the dogs out?

dogs have dental practices?
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:25:04 -0800, Robert Morien

How else would you get your canines fixed?
Joel
Jonathan Kamens wrote:

Yes you are right. There is no reason whatsoever that a tiny wooden porch shouldn't be able to hold at least 40 partygoers!

The sad thing is that this is not a unique accident for Chicago. A few years ago, I had a friend who was severly injured in a similar porch collapse with an almost identical situation (although there were no fatalities). The City Building Department is well-aware of the problem and attempts to control construction quality through permits and building code enforcement. It is not 100% clear whether the porch was up to code in this most recent situation, but common sense should rule if you find yourself in a similar situation. Unfortunately, I think that the physical integrity of the platform that those young people were standing on was probably the last thing on their minds...
Beachcomber

Relax. You're not going to make it out of here alive anyway.
Since you are obviously a fearful sort of person, I sure hope you don't ever drive or ride in a car. Checked the stats on that lately?
Chloe wrote:

I wonder if EB realizes that gasoline is much more explosive than natural gas? Poor guy won't want to go anywhere any more with all those bombs driving around out there just waiting to blow up!
On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:49:39 -0500, Bill Seurer <Bill_AT_seurer.net> wrote:

No kidding. I bet he mows his one-acre yard with a B&D electric mower, too. Or perhaps even a push reel one!
snipped-for-privacy@bean.rochester.rr.com wrote:

You, like the rest of the morons in this thread are like special olympics participants when you argue. when you're finished you're still retards.

Please, no need to insult innocent mentally challenged people uninvolved in this "discussion". Your contempt is contemptible.

*coff*(bullshit) *coff*
wrote:

so is living

...insane rant snipped

You use electric heat and an electric car? If you use a lawn mower, it's electric too, right? Do you ever enter residences using gas?
They have drugs nowadays that can help you.