gas treatment for winter-area snowblower/mower motors

Hi -

I'm sort of new to snow areas and never had to leave a mower or snowblower sitting for half a year. Before I put either away for the year I drain the gas and run the motor repeatedly until it won't start anymore trying to get as much gas out as possible. But does anyone use STP gas treatment in something like a 4-cycle snowblower motor when breaking it out to take care of varnish/gumming problems for the small amounts of gas that probably got left behind?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Ballard

Greetings,

Just draining the gas has always worked for me. Does the manual state that draining the gas in insufficient?

Hope this helps, William

Reply to
William Deans

Reply to
Dr,Bob

I have had good success adding a fuel stabilizer at the end of season and running to insure treated fuel gets to the carb. I think some parts need to be kept wet and I don't think it is possible to drain all of the fuel. I have no idea what STP gas treatment is intended to do.

Reply to
George