Gas Stove Question??

I apologize if I have the wrong n/g. I have a Magic Chef. Four burner Propane cook stove.Electronic pilot and timers. I am having problems with my oven. I f I want to use the oven I have to turn it on and wait maybe 15 min. for it to kick on. The pilot is on all this time. And when it does kick it has a high pitch whistle. Then there is the electronic temp. control. It will only go up to 350 degrees no higher. the cook timer doesn't work either. the stove is about 6 years old. any suggestions.
thanx bill
I think I'd be loking for a new stove. Jack
The electronic control is your biggest concern, aprox $175 -$275 for the part. 7-10 years is all you can get out of an appliance these days, Time to buy a new one.

15
I can't help you with the temperature part. That sounds like an expensive repair.
When I have had slow to light ovens I have had good luck cleaning the pilot assembly with small wire brush.
The way these things work is the pilot is on all time. When you turn the oven on the pilot gets bigger and heats a flame sensor. Once that achieves a certain temp the main burner lights. A little bit of crud on any part of the pilot assembly can reduce the gas flow to the pilot or the sensors ability the feel the heat.
If the other posters price estimate for a new electronic control is correct I would not even consider a repair.
Colbyt

15
Have you checked the level and amount of propane?