Gas stove problem

I must admit, I am not sure if the gas is LP or propane or what. The gas is in a large (30 gallon?) tank that is refilled periodically.
The problem is that the stove will not light properly. The tank is full, but this problem persists. Is there anything I can check before I callin the fuel company? Thanks for your thoughts.
(I have tried googling this with no luck.)

LP = liquid propane. It is probably a 100# tank.

How about a better description. Does it light a portion of the burner but not all? It does not light at all most of the time? Do you have pilot lights or electronic igniters? Does the oven work?