Gas stove-oven - electronic ignition

I have a gas stove with oven and electronic ignition. I was watching the ovens operation and the ignitor-coil continued to glow white, its powered on, with the oven in operation. Is this normal that the ignitor- coil should continue to burn, wasting electricity as the oven operates.
On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 14:10:28 -0800, ransley wrote:

They usually glow during operation because there is no flame sensor.