Gas springs

My 16 year old steel basement entry door uses two gas springs to hold it open. SPD-2300-12
Time has come to replace the springs as they no longer do the job intended. My question is are gas springs a standardized product? Namely is a 2300-120 from one supplier a match to a 2300-120 of another?

used to repair machines that used them.
theres a wide variety of standard sizes. you might try grainger for new ones.
replace both at once otherwise the varying strength can cause things to cock and jam
On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 11:50:17 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

But the primary question remains are these standardized products?

yes, its unlikey you cant find one that works
On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 15:10:14 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

But what about fittings? Doing some Google searches I found this: "New! The GSNI Black Nitride Shaft Gas Spring. This gas spring combines all the proven reliability you have come to Expect from an SPD Gas Spring along with the added feature of a nitride shaft. The GSNI Gas Spring incorporates a strong annealed steel rod with a Nitride coating for added corrosion resistance - especially when used with the all composite PS130 end fitting. This gas spring is ideal choice where exceptional quality combined with an over all black appearance are important for your application. The GSNI series gas spring comes standard with the EFPS30B1 end fitting except for the GSNI-3100 series which come standard with the PS100 end fitting"
I can't find any references to help me determine what I have.
On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 08:35:35 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:

Thanks. That helps to answer where to find these things. So far I've found RV dealers online to have a fair selection.
Another gas spring related question. I removed one of the springs today noting the end caps are threaded ball joint connectors.
The replacement specifications note the type of ends as "plastic socket" As in ball joint socket or something else? Can I could reuse my existing ball joints. If the sockets themselves are different what is the likelihood I the threads would allow reusing the original ball joint ends?