gas smell from a plastic vent connected to the gas meter

Page 2 of 2
Regulators breathe....you will sometimes hear them if you are around the regulator when a large load starts or stops. The smell of gas is probably from diffusion thru the diaphragm mixing with the air that sits up in the regulator body between "breaths"...
That jackass gas man should have explained this to you.
If it still is bothering you call the gas company back and tell them you dont trust the judgement of the first "tech"...or just tell them you are really worried and would PLEASE like a second opinion.
I've noticed you've gotten answers both ways. Maybe you should sniff the gas vent at a couple of neighbors and see if it's happening everywhere or just at your place.

I think maybe you should just go sniff you neighbors. Bubba
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 00:49:49 GMT, "Kitep"

Kitep posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

I ain't sniffin NO neighbors gas vent. If that's your kink fine - but it stinks to me...
--
My boss said I was dumb and apathetic.
I said I don\'t know and I don\'t care...