Gas range problem

What would cause my gas range top burners to partially ignite or fail t
ignite completely only while my oven is used
-- Rich123
Rich123 wrote:

Did it just start doing this?
That sounds like the pressure is too high or the burners themselves have not been properly adjusted. If it has been fine and just stared doing it on all the burners, then I would suspect a regulator defect giving you too high a gas pressure. However it is has always been this way, I would suspect the burners need to be adjusted. The owner's or install manual should have the instructions for doing this. Most people can do it themselves.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Hi,
Approx age, model, make?
Gas pressure would one of the first things that would come to mind on that. If the pressure regulator is a little wishy/washy turning more items on may lower the pressure enough that the surface can't work.
Will the surface burners work ok when the oven is not in use?

This is Turtle.
Jeff has a thing to check list for problem on these stoves and go to his sight and check it out.
TURTLE

Low pressure. Lack of gas (near empty) if you are using propane.
Rich:
R > What would cause my gas range top burners to partially ignite or fail to R > ignite completely only while my oven is used.
Low gas line pressure? Partially closed shutoff valve? Kinked flextube behind range?
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Sign at health club: Barbells - All you can lift $189.99
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
JM> Rich123 wrote: JM> > What would cause my gas range top burners to partially ignite or fail to JM> > ignite completely only while my oven is used. JM> JM> Did it just start doing this? JM> JM> That sounds like the pressure is too high or the burners themselves hav
Learning question: why would _increased_ pressure cause Rich123's problem? Seems like slightly low pressure would be more logical -- enough gas pressure for the top elements or the oven but not both. (Never claimed just because it sounds logical to me it's right, which is why I'm asking. :) )
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Getting old: People call at 9 p.m. and ask, "Did I wake you?"