Gas Range heats up kitchen

Just installed a new range and it heats up the kitchen way too much.
It says in the manual not to block the 'vent' so they designed it to waste all that heat.
Why?
On Tue 09 Dec 2008 10:16:08p, Duff told us...

Dunno, but that's why I bought an electric range.
--
Wayne Boatwright
A gas cooktop (or the surface burners on a gas stove) does not add much heat to the kitchen IF the pots/pans cover the burner well and the flame is not too high for the pan size. I have a gas cooktop with several 12,000 BTU burners and one 16,000 BTU burner. There is a vent hood over it to carry out steam, smoke and the heat as well. The vent hood CFM of exhaust must be matched to the cooktop to work properly.

I agree. Also note that in most locations, per BTU gas is much cheaper than electric. In the winter, it is a win win situation.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

It is still cheaper, however natural gas has increased dramatically in cost over the last decade, it's only marginally cheaper than electric these days, but then we have cheap hydro power.

Combustion requires "oxygen". -----
- gpsman
gpsman wrote:

And more importantly, it gives off carbon dioxide and water vapor. This has to go somewhere.

Yup, and it gives off trace amounts of carbon monoxide.