gas pressure

I just bought a new weber grill with a natural gas connection. gas source to the grill hose is fine. When hooking up the hose to my source Im not getting enough gas to the grill for lighting. I think the hose is defective but the company is telling me I dont have enough water column pressure (7 inches? is needed) in my gas source.

Does anyone know if this is valid? has similar problems with low gas pressures?

Reply to
gregg gibson

Yes, low gas pressure is indeed a common problem. You need to check the info with the grill and see what the minimum operating pressure is and then measure what you have at your source with a manometer. Don't take this the wrong way, but from the wording of your post I am thinking it might be a good idea to have some qualified to work with gas take a look at what you have. Probably a fairly simple repair.

Bobby

Reply to
BGBevill

They are probably correct, since your gas pressure for the home is determined before the meter and possibly after in the way of secondary regulators. VERY doubtful your hose is bad....since most homes do not require that much pressure for the applicances in them.

Reply to
*CBHVAC*