Gas Pipe Install Question - attaching to the wall studs - what is best way?

Folks,

Sorry for not so smart question, but, I am getting confused and need some good advise from pros who have done some work.

I am doing Gas pile in my house. I know all those things about risks and other, so let us keep it aside. I am doing pressure test on every bit.. to make sure no leaks and using right wrenches (12 inch and 18 inch for 1# pipe).

What I am a lil confused is, how to attach to the wall. Both HD and lowes has ring type thing and also, brackets.. Is that what generally is used? are they strong enough that with them in place and pie in them, we can screw the connections securely? Only experience can teach here, so don't want to end up making mistake and hence asking the pros.. :)..

thanks for the answer in advance...

BTW, the 1 inch pipe run in both horizontal (through attic) and vertical (From attic to the utility room where my appliances are located)

DJ

Reply to
D J

There are a number commercially available pipe hangers available to use to hold the gas pipe. What is available in your area I do not know.

Remember to use a tee at the bottom of your vertical drop down to the appliances and install a 6 inch capped nipple to catch dust, dirt and moisture so it does not go into the appliance. It is part of the gas pipe code.

Reply to
EXT

oh, i did dirt dip with 4 inches.. would it work?? I live in NJ/NY area. also, does it need to be done for all appliances. one plumber friend yesterday told me that only for furnace and gas water heater.. not required for range and the dryer.. I don't mind doing it either way.. just curious..

Reply to
D J

The answer is......it depends :-)

Every state has enacted their own rules based on either of the 2 prominent codes. The only way to find out for certain is to ask the local inspection authority.

There is an interesting discussion here:

Also- Google "Fuel Gas Code"

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim