Gas Oven, top won't lift up!

Hi all, I have a Magic Chef oven modle # 3448XTA. My wife tryed to lift the main top to clean underneath the burners and in doing so bent/broke the gas tubes going to the burner. I later found out that this modle the top doesn't come up because the area around the burners is sealed so nothing can get below the main-top. Well I can manage to lift the main top up about about 6 inches, not anymore because the gas tubes going to the burner prevent me from going any higher. It looks like the burners are in a "drip bowl kit" and that has to be removed before I can get the main-top off to replace the broken/bent gas tube. Any one been through this? Thanks Dave

The burner caps have to be removed from the top before it will lift up without bending the burner's gas supply lines. On your model there is a special tools used to remove the burner caps. You can see the burner caps used on your model at the following link and from there is linked the burner removal tool.
Magic Chef 3448XTA Burner Caps http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?rc@5285

The 'drip bowls' are just decorative trim around the burner. While they (and the grates) should be removed, the main sticking point to raising the top are the burner caps/heads themselves which need to be removed first.
BTW. You can see an exploded view of your range at the following link. (It will actually work for most US products just by changing the "3448XTA" at the end with the appliance's model number in question.)
Exploded Parts View http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?psm448XTA
JFYI
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Magic+Chef+stove
=~~~~~~
Thanks for the speedy and EXPERT advice.
Dave
Orifice & tube assembly kit X 2 ( 1 for each side )
These may help.... http://tinyurl.com/2w9sa http://tinyurl.com/26pb5