gas oven takes a long time to preheat

My gas oven takes 30 minutes to preheat. Is there anything I can do to improve this situation? GP
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hi, Did it work fine and now changed behavior?
On Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:44:40 PM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:

That would indeed seem to be a critical piece of missing information. Another would be if it stays fired the whole time or is somehow cycling on and off. Also depends on pre-heating to what temp? 300? 450?
I don't know if gas ovens have changed, but a few years ago I replaced my electric ovens and the new ones definitely take longer to heat up compared to the 25 year old ones. I'm guessing maybe 50% longer. If I had known this before I switched, I would have measured it to confirm it. I think it probably takes at least 20 mins to get to 400F. Next time I run it I'll time it, just to know.

With energy efficiency standards now days, that might be the best you can do.
I'd ask the store or manufacturer if you'd get faster preheat times, if you put a cake pan of low octane gasoline in the broiler, and lit that off as part of the preheat.
Are you certified for thermite? That might help.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 03/27/2014 05:08 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

The guy may be casting his own gold ingots. It takes a while to get up to 1900 degrees.

Not at all. Women like gold even more than men do.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Mine takes 19 minutes to get to 550F. Twice since I've had it it started to take longer. One time the igniter failed shortly after that, the other time the igniter didn't out right fail, but replacing it fixed the problem.