Gas oven GE JGRP17 won't light

My friend has gas oven GE JGRP17 which won't light.

Is the total voltage across the thermostat/ignitor/valve circuit 110 VAC or something less, or maybe DC?

I've read a lot of the old threads in this ng, which I greatly appreciate, Especially by Phisherman and Dan O. Thanks guys.

It seems that the various parts are tested by measuring current and continuity, but it would make me feel better to know what the voltage is supposed to be across the thermostat/ignitor/valve circuit.

Is the total voltage 110 VAC or something less, or maybe DC?

The ignitor no longer glows, The oven is only 3 years old and it has been replaced once. I guess it could be bad again, but first I want to do all the testing that the ahr archives recommend.

mm

The simplest test is to check the ignitor for continuity, unplug the stove. You are trying to make an easy job difficult.

Reply to
Ed

I know about that. As I said, I've read a lot of old threads (and the webpages they point to).

But I'd like to know the voltage anyhow, on the ignitor/valve/thermostat circuit..

I'm not just a drone or a drudge. I'd like to learn something more than the minimum.

mm

Hi,

That is part of a full model#.

something less, or maybe DC?

The ignitor receives 110-120 volts AC....but the ignitor is in series with the gas safety valve....do not apply 110-120 volts to the gas safety valve or it will break.

A common GE ignitor....
jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid