Gas mileage

============= Around here all the lights ARE synchronized......just pull away from the light when it turns green.... DO not accelerate ...DO not exceed

15 mph and the next light will turn green just before get to it...

I think I CAN average about 4 MPh between lights ...on a good day and I am not dragracing a kid on a bike...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

the direction i happen to be going in at the time. :)

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

In which direction?

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

I have a 35 minute commute to work each morning. Aside from listening to the radio or playing a CD, what else is there to do? Perhaps you need a longer commute>>>>

I used to have an hour commute, its amazing the things you can get so focused on day after day after day......

Reply to
garciyalater

in both directions....it CAN be done.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

This morning I tried 55 and go 30 mpg, or two better than the 28 at 60. Nice, but I'm still going to drive at 70.Thee is not just the time factor, but it is UNSAFE to be on the highway at 55.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Even not considering other traffic it is unsafe IMO. Just trying to stay awake at a yawn producing 55 is hard.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Sorta'...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

On Wed 05 Oct 2005 08:46:10a, Bob G. wrote in alt.home.repair:

LOL! At that rate it would take me 9 hours to get to work!

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Just remember kids that lights that are synchronized for 35MPH are also synchronized for 70MPH.

I wonder if that's really true. Sounds logical.

HM

Reply to
House Mouse

Perhaps sometimes but not always. Take for example a lights 35 miles apart that is to go green at one hour intervals. If you drove at 70 MPH you would be a half hour early at each light. That same analogy can be applied for shorter distances and shorter times.

Reply to
Rich256

"House Mouse" wrote

I hate to see the fine on that ticket! Let alone whether or not you will have a license afterwards....

;-]

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Of course it isn't true. It depends on how many sequences of off and on occur when going 35 and this depends on distance between lights. If light A turns green while Light B is red, and Light B turns green just before the car get there, typical of intown lights at every block, then the person going 70 mp has to stop at light B until a guy going 35 catches up. If light B turns green and then red twice in the time it takes a 35 mph car to get there, then it is sequenced for 70 mph also. Obviously, only even numbers of changes will sequence for 70 mph.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

OK, then let's try 105 and see if that works. Any volunteers?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Add in non-uniform spacing between lights, another direction, and then another dimension and see how easy it is to synchronize lights. Synchronization can be done, but it can't be perfect.

Reply to
keith