Gas Meter Union Pipe

I'm replacing some gas pipes on a building (gas is off) and noticed that the union pipe that comes from the meter to the first adapter is cracked. This is the garden variety residential gas meter as used throughout the Northeast and maybe everywhere else in the US.
The pipe that has the crack is the very first pipe coming from the meter - it is usually a part of the "meter fit" assembly - and has a 1 1/4" collar w/oring that attaches to the meter and a regular 3/4" male thread on the other end. This particular pipe has two 90 deg. bends in it, but I've seen meters where this pipe is straight or at a different offset. The important thing is that it has the collar that fits the gas meter.
Does anyone know of a plumbing supply (other than the gas company) that would carry a replacement? It is not a common item for any of the closest plumbing supplies I've checked, but I am sure it is available.
This part is (or should be) owned by the gas utility and they will replace it just as they would replace a bad meter. Call them. Don't waste your own time on it.

On Mon, 10 May 2004 12:03:15 -0400, "Eric Tonks"

I agree. Why are he waasting his time with this. The gas company should replace it, and probably at no cost. They will probably be glad the problem was found before an incident occurred.
I work for the local gas comany and we call it a "meter swivel". Everyone of our service reps carry them on their trucks. Just call your NG company.