gas meter - fixture distance

Is there a minimum distance where a light fixture (outdoor) can be installed around a gas meter?
thanks
On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 17:45:03 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@altavista.net wrote:

This shows clearance of 3' for electrical components. http://pse.com/accountsandservices/Construction/Documents/3885.pdf
Codes can vary locally; it may be smart to call the gas company and local building inspector.

On 1/16/2013 8:45 PM, snipped-for-privacy@altavista.net wrote:

If there is a minimum distance, I'd ask why.
A gas furnace, water heater, kitchen range, all have gas and electric in very close proximity to each other.
On 1/16/2013 8:45 PM, snipped-for-privacy@altavista.net wrote:

Years ago around these parts, gas meters were installed INSIDE the home and had to have clearances from outlets.
Somebody told me that they want clearance from electrical panels and meters and whatnot in case loose wires fall. They don't want the loose electrical wire touching the gas pipe or meter.
no idea if it's true but it's one theory