Gas line options

I need to run a gas line about 20 feet in a crawl space. Do I have any options other than threaded black pipe? I've already created my start point in the existing gas line system, and need to spend as little time under there as possible. <G>
thanks,
--
Steve Barker

Yes, there is a plastic tubing and it comes in many sizes. I'm not up on all the codes though, you may want to check locally to see if it is accepted in a crawl space.
Thanks.
--
Steve Barker

"Edwin Pawlowski" < snipped-for-privacy@snet.net> wrote in message
Not much info in your post, but is CSST an option already considered?

I'm not familiar with CSST.
--
Steve Barker

"Michael B" < snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
DUH! I just didn't relate the abbreviation. I got it now.
--
Steve Barker

"Steve Barker" < snipped-for-privacy@some.yahoo.com> wrote in message

Around here I "think" K copper would be acceptable. I say "think" because I don't know how the crawl space would affect its acceptance. I can't see why it would matter, but ...

Call a plumber in some areas i plastic covered stainless corrugated line is being used.
fast easy install.
plastic isnt coode acceptable because a minor hit might cause a devastating fire.
copper flexible isnt allowed here either for similiar reasons
Yep. If I were doing it, especially if it needed to follow a rather tortuous path, CSST would be my route. Not sure it would need to be done by a plumber, either. Do a search of CSST for questions. As I recall, 45 million feet of it were put in last year.

Yes, I've already been told the stainless flex is ok, but haven't found any long sections of it. Around here (KC) the 3 footers are $12. for that price, I'll do the threaded black pipe thing.
thanks,
--
Steve Barker

< snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message
I considered that, but haven't priced it yet. It may be the way to go.
thanks for the reply
--
Steve Barker

"Toller" < snipped-for-privacy@Yahoo.com> wrote in message

Your lowest cost option is black iron. CSST isn't even close to cost effective for a DIY project. Cutting and threading in a crawl space isn't convenient, but people do it every day without problems. Buy a pair of BIG aluminum pipe wrenches, a pipe cutter (a Sawzall is nice, too), threading dies and ratchet, a bottle of Teflon pipe dope, a decent vise and have at it. In our town most of the tools can be rented for $10 for a half day if you don't want to invest in Harbor Freight specials. Good luck.
Joe
Two ten foot pieces, and a couple of couplers? Some pipe hangers?
I know what you mean about not liking crawl spaces.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.