Gas Line Installation- Air pressure test question

Hi all,
thanks so much for all your advise and such, now I am upto a point where I have permit and ready for inspection. I have been testing the line for pressure test but now for final inspection i have a question.
do i need to connect all the appliances and shut off the valve to do the PSI test? or without the appliances connected?
Also, I have put the pressure gas at the meter side. would it be ok OR i need to do it from appliance end?
thanks, DJ
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:43:06 -0700, D J wrote:

I would do the test without appliances connected. The purpose of the test seems to be to check for leaks in the supply line. n'est ce pas?

Franz Fripplfrappl

All appliances and the meter itself should be disconnected for a pressure test. High pressure will damage an appliance or the meter. Just having an isolation valve in the off position is not considered sufficient separation, because of the possibility of the valve the leaking--they need to be phyiscally disconnected.

Once everything is disconnected, it doesn't matter.
Cheers, Wayne

The few times I've done it, it was with appliances not connected.
Your best bet is to ask the inspector.
You're best to leave the appliances disconnected. That way there's no chance you apply the 10psi to the gas valves. They don't like that. Especially on furnaces and water heaters. Apply the pressure where ever it is handy. Normally, you would apply the pressure and have a guage t'd in right outside where the line comes into the house.