Gas leak emergency instructions

Page 1 of 2

"Call the gas supplier from a neighbor's phone". Isn't that totally dated? Now days we go outside, get upwind of the building, and call from a cell phone. I mean, like, retro, dude!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Not at all. The idea is to get the person out of the house (and hope there is no one else inside), because if someone were to call from a cell phone it would spark and the house would explode - just like what happens all over the world at gas pumps. We had nine pumps explode in my town just last week. Damn cell phones.
✖

Not at all. The idea is to get the person out of the house (and hope there is no one else inside), because if someone were to call from a cell phone it would spark and the house would explode - just like what happens all over the world at gas pumps. We had nine pumps explode in my town just last week. Damn cell phones.
R ================
If people don't have the good sense to put a lot of distance between themselves and their house-bomb, they need to be removed from the gene pool. It'll benefit everyone eventually.
Add pictures here
✖
We've taken the concept of compassion. And used it as a technique to harvest and flourish more idiots.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
RicodJour wrote:

enclosed. Somebody is full of it. I think you are confused with cell phone activated bombs which use either a bell or switch.
Add pictures here
✖

Did you hear a "whoosh" while you were reading my post...? I was playing on the whole "turn off your cell phone while filling up with gas" urban legend. http://www.snopes.com/autos/hazards/gasvapor.asp
Next time I'll use a smiley. :)
✖
RicodJour wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
The time I threw it out the truck window at about 70 MPH, and it landed on cement?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

If you have your cellphone with you, great, take it and use it outside. However, if your cell phone is sitting on the counter plugged into the charger, you wouldn't want to grab it and unplug it, which could result in a small spark (at least my phones with crappy connectors)
The whole idea is to get out ASAP, before *anything* causes a spark, whether an old phone you try to use, the furnace pilotless ignition firing, a lamp timer switching, whatever.
Josh
Add pictures here
✖
Wow, that's astounding. Only three or four, here. If you count the lady who pushed her blue Onstar button, and the truck next to her blew up.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
wrote:

Not at all. The idea is to get the person out of the house (and hope there is no one else inside), because if someone were to call from a cell phone it would spark and the house would explode - just like what happens all over the world at gas pumps. We had nine pumps explode in my town just last week. Damn cell phones.
✖

Not at all. The idea is to get the person out of the house (and hope there is no one else inside), because if someone were to call from a cell phone it would spark and the house would explode - just like what happens all over the world at gas pumps. We had nine pumps explode in my town just last week. Damn cell phones.
R =====================
Got any reputable news links about those 9 exploding pumps?
Add pictures here
✖
Oh, gosh, just drive around and look. It's pretty obvious, you know.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Snopes says it never happened. http://www.snopes.com/autos/hazards/gasvapor.asp
--
An old friend once said "You don\'t live on the edge,
you\'re taking up way too much space."

Must be Mormon's Law. Every time he tries humor, people miss it.
--
An old friend once said "You don\'t live on the edge,
you\'re taking up way too much space."
✖
Take my wives..... please!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Party pooper. Note that it was thoroughly debunked 10 years ago. I suppose, 'new decade, new round of debunking'.
Jim
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 1, 10:18 am, "Stormin Mormon"

Not everyone has a cell phone, you know. Plus, when I'm at home I shut my cell phone off and leave it on the dining table. If I detect a gas leak while I'm in the basement, for example, I'm not going to root around the house to get my cell phone.
Cindy Hamilton
Add pictures here
✖

Not everyone has a cell phone, you know. Plus, when I'm at home I shut my cell phone off and leave it on the dining table. If I detect a gas leak while I'm in the basement, for example, I'm not going to root around the house to get my cell phone.
Cindy Hamilton =============== When your house blows up, you might want that cell phone so you can call your insurance agent, whose number probably isn't in the cell phone anyway, but I'm just sayin'.
Add pictures here
✖