Gas Grills

I hope there are some gas-grill experts here;
My ( LP ) gas grill burns with a yellow flame. I know the "ideal" is supposed to be a blue flame, indicating optimum gas/air mix.
Yet, looking at the valves/mixer, etc, I see no means to adjust the gas/air ratio.
???? <rj>

Many more in alt.food.barbecue.
Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

donald girod wrote in message ...

I have the same problem with my Thermos model since day 1 (brand new). It doesn't have adjustable venturis either but instead they are covered with a screen (welded on) to keep spiders, etc. out.
I have seen aftermarket clip-on venturi shutters available but haven't tried installing them on mine yet. I would really like a hotter blue flame so I can cook my steaks rare like I like them. I find it's not really possible with only yellow flames.
Check at a local HVAC supplier or a BBQ repair depot to see if they have something which will work.
FWIW
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Gas+BBQ
=~~~~~~

There isn't any adjustment on most grills nowadays...and you really don't need it.
But...you can make your own out of aluminum foil. Wrap it around a few times...and it'll stay in place enough where you can slide it where you want.
Good luck.
Have a nice week...
Trent