Gas Furnance Problems

Page 1 of 5
Hello All, First time poster...
I have an old gas furnance in my greenhouse that I just re-lit the pilot light tonight for the first time since last winter. The pilot lights fine and will stay lit as normal. Next I turn the heat up at the thermostat to run it. this works ok as well. The gas flames, it heats up and the blower comes on and runs for about 3-5 min. and then all the flames (both pilot and heating) just cut off. The Blower continues to run like a normal cooling phase...
Dont think that it can be the thermocouple can it, or it wouldnt light. Seems like its some high temperature limit switch or something killing the gas????? dont know where to start. Any help would be great.

blower
and
Phone book, heating contractors.
Why would you want to mess with something which you don't have the knowledge or tools to do the work properly?

Cause he wants to, dick head. If you can't give advice keep your opinion to yourself. People come here for help 'cause they're not afraid to tackle problems, that most of the time can easily be fixed by yourself and save a lot of money, if you just put a little effort in finding out how things work. I get tired of all the dick head contractors lurking in here trying to convince people that only contractors are qualified to do anything. In my experience, the more you can keep the contractors away and learn to do things yourself, the better off you will be.
Re: Gas Furnance Problems:

Well said.

Amen to that, besides, that kjpro dude wouldn't know how to fix a heater properly if the instructions were pasted on it. I know because I've worked with him. He is what we call a hack. Any advice he gives, I would seriously think twice before I followed it, unless of course you want to get something really screwed up.
I would also like to note... I looked in the archives (as suggested) for other issues like this before posting and came across several other posts just like the KJPRO one, and all the subsequint posts. I thought, should i even bother. I do need a fix, and I always like to know something about what i am either working on or asking someone to work on. So I dont get taken for a ride by unscrupulous contractors that pray on the un-knowing consumer. If I blow my self up, shame on me... I should know that gas is flamable and will ignite if exposed to flame... Thanks to those who posted in my behalf. He should rethink his marketing plan if he thinks he is getting business from here... haha
You Know Who wrote:

what
for
If
will
You're an idiot. First, I don't come here for marketing reasons. Second, gas is flammable as you state, but more important is the byproduct of CO. Third, I gave you good advice, you're just to stupid to follow it.
Last, go fuck yourself.

posts
should
taken
He
from
byproduct
Awww, look at poor little kj throw a tantrum. Poooor baaaby.
Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own posts. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. *It never fails*.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

I know you are but what am I?
Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own posts. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. *It never fails*.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here
Putz Putz Putz Putz Putz
Get it yet?

I know you are but what am I?
Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own posts. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. *It never fails*.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here
Same ole, same ole..
Is your mother out running errands again?

I know you are but what am I?
Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own posts. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. *It never fails*.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here
<You Know Who> wrote in message wrote:

You're such a liar. You must be related to Clark.

Sorry you can't handle the truth.
Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own posts. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. *It never fails*.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here
Putz

I know you are but what am I?
Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own posts. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. *It never fails*.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here
You missed one... LOL