Gas Furnace - what parts to stock for emergencies?

Page 2 of 2
On Jan 3, 9:39 pm, Slightly Graying Wolf

In the past my first ignitor died after 15 years of service...and on the day before I would have left for travel for two weeks..during subzero weather.
Now living in an area where the climate is above zero and the furnace is rarely used, I still carry an ignitor on hand. ;<)
It only takes one freezing pipes disaster to educate this guy.
A very good preventive measure is to equip your home with a means to notify you when the temperature drops below a certain temperature...good cheap insurance.
TMT
Add pictures here
✖
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

I concur, personally I have a weather station that allows me to set dozens of alarms for both internal and external conditions. I have set only two; high humidity indoors; and if the indoor temp drops below 10 degrees Celsius.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Ignitor for sure.
Add pictures here
✖

Thermocouple
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 2, 12:06 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I asked a similar question about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Purchased same exact replacement igniter for my American Standard. The contract company that does yearly maintenance quoted me $200.00 to replace. Bought from eBay for $28 including shipping.
Your other question about replacement parts to keep on hand is a good one. Have made a note of what others have said.
Add pictures here
✖