Gas furnace question

I have a high efficiency gas furnace. A result of the combustion process is a highly acidic water discharge. The water line has a sort of filter attachment that contains some sort of (presumably alkali) crystal pellets.

1)What is the proper chemical to use to replace them. 2)How often is that necessary. 3)Since the water does not go into the septic system, is it necessary at all. Thanks ds
Reply to
DS

The furnaii (plural of furnace) I've installed, we run the condensate into the drain.

I've never heard of pellets in the line. Does the owners manual say anything?

Just for fun you can collect some condensate, and then sprinkle in some baking soda. If it fizzes, it's acidic.

When I put in my own 90 percenter, I drained the condensate into the public sewer drain. Works for me....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon