Gas furnace question

I have a high efficiency gas furnace. A result of the combustion process is a highly acidic water discharge. The water line has a sort of filter attachment that contains some sort of (presumably alkali) crystal pellets. 1)What is the proper chemical to use to replace them. 2)How often is that necessary. 3)Since the water does not go into the septic system, is it necessary at all. Thanks ds
--
"The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has
its limits."

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus