Gas Firpelace Sensor

I have Superior Gas Fireplace, and the CO gas sensor seems to shut off the fireplace consistently. Maybe it has gone bad, which I am hoping, and not that the CO is suddenly leaking into my house. My issue is that I cannot find a replacement or know how to go about fixing / replacing. Public Services Electric and Gas came and said they can install, but I need to find a replacement sensor. Model CF5 - CMN, Serial 00D393. Fireplace is 7 years old.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

First is proving the sensor is bad. Is it direct vent type? Is the fresh air intake blocked or anything? Have you checked it?
I believe direct vent. The public gas co checked and said it was the sensor, and I would need to find the part.
Tony Hwang wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Not a CO sensor, but an oxygen sensor.
Contact the manufacturer?
Dave
Why would it be an Oxygen sensor, I think it is a CO sensor?
Also, someone recommended I bypass the sensor and get an external sensor device. Anyone know how to bypass, do I just connect the wires directly?