Gas Firpelace Sensor

I have Superior Gas Fireplace, and the CO gas sensor seems to shut off the fireplace consistently. Maybe it has gone bad, which I am hoping, and not that the CO is suddenly leaking into my house. My issue is that I cannot find a replacement or know how to go about fixing / replacing. Public Services Electric and Gas came and said they can install, but I need to find a replacement sensor. Model CF5 - CMN, Serial 00D393. Fireplace is 7 years old.

Reply to
ranjankhan

Hi, First is proving the sensor is bad. Is it direct vent type? Is the fresh air intake blocked or anything? Have you checked it?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Reply to
ranjankhan

Not a CO sensor, but an oxygen sensor.

Contact the manufacturer?

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

Why would it be an Oxygen sensor, I think it is a CO sensor?

Also, someone recommended I bypass the sensor and get an external sensor device. Anyone know how to bypass, do I just connect the wires directly?

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
ranjankhan