Gas Fire Place ignitor replacement.

The ignitor on my Desa Gas Fire Place broke and I was able to get a new part. Just wondering how I would go about installing same. Seems there is still part of the ignitor switch stuck in the opening. Are there any special tools I would need? thanks, Mike

Reply to
Purpledawn

Unless someone else in the group happened to have a similar model, it's not likely anyone will be able to tell you. But if removing the ignitor is a challenge for you them maybe this task is beyond your ability.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

Mike-

As James stated, unless someone has first had experience you that model / unit ....its going to be pretty hard to advise "from the keyboard".

Any chance you could use a photo posting site and provide a couple shots of the new part and the installation location.

Typically, we experienced "fixers" look at the new part & that will give clues to removal and installation. The problem is that gas applicances, if damaged or used improperly can cause major problems downstream.

Be careful.

cheers Bob

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

Usually any gas ignitor I've seen is a ceramic element that glows red and has 2 wires. It's pretty straightfoward to replace. A model # of the fireplace or pics would be helpful.

Reply to
Mikepier

Mike-

As James stated, unless someone has first had experience you that model / unit ....its going to be pretty hard to advise "from the keyboard".

Any chance you could use a photo posting site and provide a couple shots of the new part and the installation location.

Typically, we experienced "fixers" look at the new part & that will give clues to removal and installation. The problem is that gas applicances, if damaged or used improperly can cause major problems downstream.

Be careful.

Sorry, should have been more specific. Its a kit, ignitor service Pizzo 164 and the parts No. is 102445-01 Here is the link to the website where it can be viewed.

Looks exactly like the one that broke except half of the part is still stuck in the hole and won`t come out, seems there is a spring in it and I thought I miight need a special tool to extract same.

Reply to
Purpledawn

That looks like a mechanical ignitor, similiar to a barbecue ignitor. Its just held in by a nut. Should be easy to remove.

Reply to
Mikepier

Hmmm, All gas fire places have PB Piezzo spark ignitor like gas BBQ. Never sae HSI which is mostly used in furnace.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

That looks like a mechanical ignitor, similiar to a barbecue ignitor. Its just held in by a nut. Should be easy to remove.

Thank you for all your answer. Problem is fixed. Should have done more looking around the ignitor insert before I posted. There was a screw in the back of the ignitor which I removed, I then inserted the ignitor, put the new screw back on and that was it. Next time when I come upon a problem will do more research before I post. Again, thanks for all the advise. In the future "look before you leap" lol Mike.

Reply to
Purpledawn