Gas dryer problem

GE gas dryer wont fire up, Igniter is ok just replaced the coils. But I do not get a voltage reading from the wires going to the igniter, except if I disconnect the coil, when I disconnect the plug with three pins I get a hot reading at the plug going to the igniter, also when I have both coils disconnected, but nothing when I plug in the coils. Any Ideas would be welcome I am running out of ideas

Reply to
Joe Perles

Hi,

Model#?

model# helps.

The ignitor glows?

I guess the ignitor is not glowing, the flame sensor ( on the side of the flame tube ) can stop the ignitor from working. The flame sensor should show continuity and open up just before the flame comes on.

*Some* common trouble makers for gas dryers...
jeff. Appliance Repair Aid
jeff