Gas Dryer.....Help

I have a Kenmore Gas Dryer..unknown how old.

When setting it to dry it runs right up to the point of stop, but continues to run (drum turns) and won't stop (The indicator on the dial stays in same spot).

The other thing is that the dryer fails to heat up. When I start the dryer, the drum turns, and I hear the clacking of the gas valves, but I don't see the glow of the igniter. (Not set on fluff or air dry).

Are these problems related to one another? Any help would be greatly appreciated.. TIA..

-Orv

Reply to
Orv

Sometimes a no-advance timer problem is related to a no-heat problem. Generally, if the valve does its clacking, then the ignitor is the next thing to look at. If you know how to use a multimeter, check for continuity on the ignitor, and replace if open.

Reply to
nospamtodd

probably two different problems. The first sounds like a timer problem where it has a 'dead' spot where it stops turning, leaving the dryer running. The second sounds like an igniter problem.

Do some checking on the model number online to see if you can figure the age. If it's over about 10 years old you're probably better off replacing. The cost of the repair(s) coupled with the gas savings of a new more efficient model will pay for it in short order.

Reply to
Mark