Gas Cooktop: Pipe Sealant

I'm going to replace a couple of stuck valves on a gas cooktop. Looks like they just screw into the manifold once the ignitor switches & wiring harness is removed and the manifold is lifted enough to provide rotating clearance.
The threaded connection is a continuation of the valve body which appears to be aluminum. Threads are pretty fine. Is this an application for Teflon tape, pipe dope, or nothing at all?
Add pictures here
✖
My old boss used to use Rectorseal #5 on the external pipe threads. Don't try to paint internal threads.
I'm going to replace a couple of stuck valves on a gas cooktop. Looks like they just screw into the manifold once the ignitor switches & wiring harness is removed and the manifold is lifted enough to provide rotating clearance.
The threaded connection is a continuation of the valve body which appears to be aluminum. Threads are pretty fine. Is this an application for Teflon tape, pipe dope, or nothing at all?
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 6, 7:48 am, "Stormin Mormon"

I would use pipe dope.
Add pictures here
✖
Does that work better than Rectorseal?

I would use pipe dope.
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 6, 11:14 am, "Stormin Mormon"

I don't know, have never used Rectorseal. But pipe dope works, is approved for the use and is probably easier to find.
Add pictures here
✖

Rectorseal is a brad name of pipe dope.
They do make many differant products.
Add pictures here
✖
I was able to obtain a tube of Rectorseal #5 at HD and it seems to be working just fine. Thanks to everyone.
Add pictures here
✖

did you do the soapy water bubble test?
Add pictures here
✖
a plumber i know says he always uses teflon tape AND dope.....
while either cn leak now and then the combo never leaks.......
so thats what i do:)
Add pictures here
✖
That works totally well for water pipe threads. Natural gas, being lower pressure, that teflon plus rectorseal works perfectly.