Gas cooktop burner won't light.

One of the four burners on my Kenmore cooktop won't ignite. Sounds and smells like the burner is getting gas and I hear the clicking, but no flame. The other three burners spark and ignite fine. The Sears website doesn't provide any troubleshooting information but I hope this group can school me.

Thanks.

Reply to
Saychris2

blow into the little holes where the gas comes out. sometimes they get clogged with water after washing them or something is spilled on them. sometimes this is the solution.

Reply to
Bryant

Is the spark gap on the igniter clean? If it is plugged with food, clean it with a small brush and rubbing alcohol. Do not scrape.

Reply to
Larry Caldwell

On some ranges, I have a GE, if the burner is rotated when cleaned and is in the wrong position, it will not light.

Reply to
marcnew

Hi,

Above are some good tips.

A cracked electrode ignitor or bad wire to the ignitor can stop/prevent the spark from sparking at the correct spot and lighting the burner, but you may still hear the snap snap snap noise.

Some surface ignition helps...

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff