Gas burner

I took my propane cooktop apart to clean it, and now one of the burners operates erratically. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it lights late with a big whoosh, and burns with a big yellow flame, and sometimes it won't light at all. I'm pretty sure it's seated ok (there is a locating pin). I would replace the burner, but all the sources I've checked have either never heard of the model, or say that the burner is no longer made. The cooktop is a Modern Maid KGT-583, which isn't listed on many websites. The burner is about 8" long with a staight tube. Repair Clinic says the part number is 0042354, but it's discontinued. Any suggestions?
delete DELETE to reply

Make sure the air supply holes near the valve end are open.
Al
Briggs wrote:

Could you tell me of what material it is built out of and where do you use please I will then be able to assess and maybe help alleviate this problem
Briggs wrote:

the tube at the valve end for proper adjustment. It usually rotates or slides to adjust the air. As far as lighting erratically, there are usually a series of small holes leading from the pilot/igniter area to the main burner. These can become plugged. Check the other burners for an example. If plugged, clean out with a small pin being careful not to enlargen the holes.