Gas Box Cover

Post to this newsgroup: uk.d-i-y

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Hi I clipped my gas box cover with the side of my car and it has split and was partially off the wall. I took it off, it lifted up off the screws and I've cleaned it ready to repair the split. I cannot work out what the box is made from and I am thinking glue won't hold the split when I put it back on the wall it will jump apart. I don't have a vice or anything to hold it as it sets, I don't even have glue or know what sort to use! I am wondering if a metal plate can be screwed onto these boxes? The split is going up on a corner, then I could fill with something and repaint or does anyone know where I can buy another, I have changed gas provider and no one seems to know here ( UK) TIA June

Reply to

Hi June!

+*> I clipped my gas box cover with the side of my car and it has split and was +*> partially off the wall. I took it off, it lifted up off the screws and I've +*> cleaned it ready to repair the split. +*> I cannot work out what the box is made from and I am thinking glue won't +*> hold the split when I put it back on the wall it will jump apart. +*> I don't have a vice or anything to hold it as it sets, I don't even have +*> glue or know what sort to use! I am wondering if a metal plate can be +*> screwed onto these boxes? The split is going up on a corner, then I could +*> fill with something and repaint or does anyone know where I can buy another

+*> I have changed gas provider and no one seems to know here ( UK)

Perhaps ask at a hardware store? Not the hardware department but at a dedicated store.

As for the holding it together part, a suitable-length bungee cord or other elasticized cord?

  • I wonder if his IQ ever hit room temperature in January.
Reply to
barry martin