Gas Boilers

Purchasing home and the boiler is completly rusted from inside out...
Can anyone provide advice, recommendations, etc. on
Peerless, Burham, Well Mclain boilers????
Thanks Damon
Purchasing home and the boiler is completly rusted from inside out...
Can anyone provide advice, recommendations, etc. on
Peerless, Burham, Well Mclain boilers????
Thanks Damon

Choose based on the installer---Not the equipment!

Hot water or steam? For either, see http://www.heatinghelp.com / "The Wall" is a forum and "Find a Contractor" may help you find a local qualified heating contractor (which can make or break a system regardless of hardware brand).
--
David Efflandt - All spam ignored http://www.de-srv.com /

If its an older house and it was insulated, have an hvac pro do a heat loss and find out the new temperature design of the existing radiant/baseboard heat. If they tell you there is a 'standard', then they are too lazy or stupid and don't let them put in anything for you. You have to KNOW the required designed temperature for your home and as I said, this could have changed with an older home that is now insulated.
If the company knows this information then they know about the rest of the system and requirements.
Don't buy these super high efficiency units without this information. These units do not have these claimed efficiency's after 140 degrees F. After 140F they can't condense and they return to a normal efficient unit.
I do NOT like Weil McLain, they have had problems for years and still deny that they are having problems. I have had many claims even with the Gold series. I like the Crown cast iron boilers. I have not had a single warranty issue and not a single repair on them. They come both natural draft and power vented. Now, if your talking oil, I would defiantly get a service contract, the higher efficient units a few years back had problems with sooting.